Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Not Camping

On my way out the door to camp,
I fell and  needed 911.
Priesthood blessings first gave comfort.
Blessings to the EMT who held my pained arm up
All the way to the hospital
So I wouldn't scream
And to the one who gave me pain relief
He took it from a nine down to a four.
And to being completely out when they popped my elbow back in place
While I felt like I was in white, padded hallways with pink trim.
Spent Day 1 of camp in the ER.
Now, Day 2 I'm home dizzy.
Maybe because my glasses are twisted, scratched, and falling off my face
or maybe from the pain medication
or my head injury.
But I slept solidly last night.
 Now, swollen, tired, sore, sad about missing camp
Wishing I could turn back time and walk
Down those stairs
Instead of trying to fly
And falling.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! You really know how to fall! So sorry that you are missing out on all the fun at camp. I'm sure they are missing you terribly too. Glad you were able to sleep well last night - that will help the healing. Also glad the pain is down and you are able to recovery at home. Take care. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that feeling of wanting to turn back time and knowing it's not possible. Grateful for healing and for the atonement of Jesus Christ that takes care of the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you got hurt. What a disappointment in more ways that one! I hope you heal quickly and well.

    ReplyDelete