Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Colorful Bubbles, Red Velvet Apricots, and Backyard Beauties



Today, my youngest daughter bought colorful bubbles with her babysitting money and shared them with her little brother. The purple ones just happened to match the outfit she was wearing.

Have you seen red velvet apricots?  I hadn't until today.  They look a little and taste a lot like black plums. They look like black plums on the inside too.  They are fuzzy like yellowy apricots but sweeter.  Definitely apricots. I found these at Sunflower Market.





Most of the roses in the backyard have bloomed.  I think we still have some red ones and some more yellow ones left to bloom. The newspaper said this past winter was hard on roses.  I guess since ours are right up against the house and the Johnson's kept the place cozy warm, ours survived nicely.
My youngest children are so gentle and kind to our middle sweetie.  My youngest daughter took this picture of her while they sat and rocked on the big rocking chair on our back patio.

Overall, it's been a really good week.  Last night, my husband gave me a surprise big kiss.
"What was that for?" I said.
"I'm just glad you're happy," he said.
Thanks to him, I realized it is true.  I am happy.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful grass and fruit and flowers. Beautiful flowers. Utah roses always remind me of childhood trips to June Conference -- it was an annual church auxiliary conference held between General Conferences. It was like we drove from spring into summer when we came to Salt Lake from Denver. The fragrance of roses memory brings those family trips back to me.

    ReplyDelete