Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumquash

My mom by marriage has a great garden. This year, these mutant pumpkin-squashes grew in her backyard all on their own.  They have thinner skins than regular pumpkins and taste more mild than pure pumpkin.  They're taller and skinnier than normal.  We're pretty sure they're some kind of hybrid.  My kids are very happy with them-- especially with the one that already has a nose.  Carving these is going to be uniquely challenging since they're so narrow.  I'm just happy the kids were able to pick them on their own and they were free. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the nose! So you make pies with the guts as you carve??? How early do you carve, so they survive until 31st?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd don't think that is a nose - I think something is trying to get out! Ahhhhhh haha

    ReplyDelete