Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hike Stewart Cascades



 It was the best hike yet.  Weather-wise it was a perfect autumn afternoon.  The colors in the mountains were spectacular.  Because of the views and variety, the impact of the experience was even better than autumn walks I have enjoyed on the east coast.  Right now, colors on the back side of Mt. Timp, particularly around Aspen Grove, are phenomenal.

Both far away and up close, seeing the falls was worth the 3.6 round-trip miles up, over, and around rocks and branches. We started up past the fee area above Aspen Grove at the Mt. Timpanogos trail head and came back down the same way.

I loved being so close to brightness and beauty. No editing, cropping or tweaking any of these photos-- not that I know much about that stuff anyway.  My favorite photo is the one below that I took when I was looking up right at the base of the falls.  Fortunately, the water doesn't fall too fast this time of year.  I enjoyed feeling stray droplets, seeing the light shining through the spray, and being so close to the powerful plummeting water.  The moss on the rocks intrigued me.  The look of awe on my son's face was priceless.



5 comments: