Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Believing


 Before the rain fell, I wanted to exercise outside.  I walked to the library because I needed a new book and to the local grocery store because we were out of wheat bread.  On my way dowwwwn hill, I saw this question written out on the sidewalk in yellow chalk.  "Why do you believe what you believe?"  Religion is a big topic around here, so I imagine whoever wrote this was trying to get someone to think.  But I thought about these words in terms of the things I believe about myself and life in general.  Is what I believe about myself true?  How and where did I develop those beliefs?  What do those beliefs do for me?  Do I believe some sneaky untruths?  Can I change what I believe about myself and my life?  I believe I can.
I made it to the library, found two good-looking books, bought the wheat bread, granola bars, vitamins, and dark chocolate (of course I didn't just buy bread!) and made my way upppp the hill long before it started to pour.   

4 comments:

  1. What's your latest favorite brand of dark chocolate to buy here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going the inexpensive route for the sake of quantity = Lindt Excellence 70% lately. Do you know of a better cheap alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Lindt is pretty fabulous. I LOVE the dark chocolate infused with mint, and will get that every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very profound thinking. Good for you for walking to the library and store instead of driving!

    ReplyDelete