Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Silver Lake

  I went biking around Liberty Park yesterday.  There's a fountain there called Seven Canyons Fountain.  Cement, rock, and water pathways represent the seven canyons and the waters that flow into the Salt Lake Valley.  When my kids were younger, sometimes we brought them here to play.  I was curious about the fountain's condition and wondered how well it mirrors the canyons, so I went to check it out. 
A couple of weekends ago, we went up the real Big Cottonwood Canyon and walked around Silver Lake.  I'm pretty sure one of these pictures shows the area that represents Silver Lake. 
And here are pictures we took around the real Silver Lake.  I definitely need to take my children back to Liberty Park.  My youngest ones won't remember when they went the first times. 

2 comments:

  1. Fall color is a surprise. I love Silver lake and have fond memories of walks there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be jealous of your vacation! What a great West we have eh?! Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete