Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chocolate Hunting

Today is our one-month anniversary since arriving here in UT.  You know one of the things I miss most about NY?  Guylian chocolate that I bought at Wegmans.  UT has the little Guylian seashells, but not the Solitaires.  I suppose I could buy a case of Guylian Solitaires on-line.  It's tempting.  I used to eat a couple of those individually wrapped chocolates every day and it would satisfy my cravings. 

Dark chocolate is expensive if you buy the yummiest kinds.  These pictures show my favorites I've found so far here in SLC.  You can find these in certain grocery store chains that are also in NY.  The only problem is the little squares are not individually wrapped so it's easy to eat an entire candy bar.  I'm trying to learn to break off a row and put the rest away.

4 comments:

  1. There is some local Salt Lake gourmet chocolate. I'll have to try to figure out the name of the company and recall the places that sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please. And any other suggestions are welcome. I don't like chocolate that is too bitter, too waxy, or that has an aftertaste. Yeah, picky, I know. But I'm not a purist. Sometimes I get in cheap chocolate eating moods where as long as it's brown and sweet, I'll eat it and enjoy it thoroughly. I'm just trying to be healthier again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Amano chocolate? It is made in Orem and is definitely a gourmet chocolate. It has won many awards. It looks like they even have a factory outlet. I am sad to say I haven't even tried it yet, but I NEED to. Their website is www.amanochocolate.com.

    Also, I left a blog award on my blog for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Utah. I'm coming over from Julie's blog.

    All that talk of chocolate sounds wonderful...!

    ReplyDelete