Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blue Sky Days

Look at that blue sky.  I don't remember Utah having so many blue-sky days when we lived here five years ago, but my husband, who grew up here, says he remembers them.  It has rained once since we've lived here and that was at night.  We live in a mountain desert.  I'm okay with that.  I just need to get used to it.

Upstate New York has plenty of blue-sky days and plenty of grey days too.  I liked the variety.  It's easy to prefer the familiar.

I had a good friend when we lived in England who said she didn't prefer the days she lived in California because it was too sunny.  She suffered from headaches and felt she always had to wear sunglasses.  Thankfully I haven't had that problem, but it does feel strange to have so many hot, dry, blue days in a row.

On our lunch walk today, my husband said, "Enjoy it while it lasts." 

I said, "I'll enjoy it when it doesn't last too."

Thankfully, my joy in life isn't dependent on the weather.

3 comments:

  1. The sky stood out to me when we were there too. And I kept feeling like it really should rain. I loved looking up. The clouds sometimes took my breath away against the bright blue. VA has greyer blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have sky -- sometimes blue and sometimes clouds -- and night and day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was a clear fall day here in NY (but unusually warm), and the blue reminded me of Utah skies - NY skies usually don't get to be such a deep blue. It was a gorgeous day and everything looked crisp and fresh. I love Fall!

    Having lived in Utah for over 10 years, I never liked the repetition of boring sunny day after boring sunny day. Here in NY, I really appreciate and adore the sunny days, occurring only occasionally inbetween the overcast & rainy days.

    I'm not helping at all, am I? I *DO* envy your selection of Mexican restaurants there! How about that to even it out? :)

    ReplyDelete