Thursday, September 16, 2010

Secret Door

How can you live somewhere for weeks and not know there is another door?!!?  Maybe it's because it slides away completely into the wall.

I can't believe how excited I was this morning when my oldest noticed this door that slides open and closed between the kitchen and the sleeping space of the youngest children.  It seems silly to get so excited about a door, but now we have a public space that can become semi-private and semi-quiet.  Awesome.

I wonder what other secrets this house holds.

3 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cool! My boys would be all over that. If we were staying in our house right now, I'd cut a secret passageway connecting their two rooms through their closets. I love stuff that personalizes a house like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! We should have mentioned the door! It's funny, my grandparents lived there for years before they knew there was a door there. The neighbor girl told them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought you meant you found a closed door that would open. Nice to find an open doorway that will close.

    ReplyDelete