Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Potato People


The evening after Thanksgiving, 90% of us came down with a stomach virus. Bland foods have been on the menu ever since. Last night, I brought in the potato bucket from the garage so I could make baked potatoes for dinner. The bucket was full of potatoes of all sizes from my mother-in-law's garden. We especially love to scrub and bake the tiny ones. With skins on, they almost crunch when we eat them and it's like eating healthy french fries. I was surprised when I pulled out these little guys. They actually grew this way. In order to thoroughly clean them, I had to pop off the heads, but of course I took a picture before I did. I'm up in the early hours thanks to stomach discomfort. Food is normally one of my favorite things. I'm looking forward to healing soon.

2 comments:

  1. Potatoes are a good comfort food -- even people potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are feeling sick to your stomach. Strangely potato chips help my stomach feel less nauseated. Not sure if it is the salt or fat or potato but they are wonderful and homemade ones are even better.

    ReplyDelete