Tuesday, November 15, 2011

For a Good Friend


Today, I went to a church-related meeting. Before I went, I'd been thinking about some personal problems. I thought I might mention some of my concerns to the person I was meeting. Instead, I decided to just do the job that needed to be done. I decided to see how things went and hope that my feelings wouldn't stand in the way.

After a while, she asked me how I felt about something personal. I told her. I mentioned my worries. I was surprised by her response. She was so sweet, understanding, and reassuring. She helped me feel better about everything and then gave me the opportunity to serve with her. Her good opinion of me helped me feel better about myself and more capable of doing the tasks I've been asked to do. That is good leadership. That is good friendship. I was surprised because, even though she gave me the flowers above after my elbow injury and she's always been nice to me, I haven't always felt a closeness with this person. Today, I am grateful for her.

1 comment:

  1. I can smell those flowers from here. So glad you were able to work things out in a positive manner!

    ReplyDelete