Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Little Drops


I was taking my daughter out to her bus this morning, and I saw these pretty drops on fallen leaves. I wondered, Are they frozen? I bent down to touch one. Yes, they are frozen little drops. To have to question whether or not they were frozen was intriguing to me. I'd never seen anything like them until today. Most water drops around here evaporate before they have the chance to freeze. Some of them remind me of those little candy buttons-- so perfectly round and pretty. It's tempting to taste one.

I've been watching mini leaf avalanches out the window this morning. A leaf at the top falls off, tumbles down through the trees, and brings another bunch of leaves down with it. I don't think our tree will have leaves for much longer.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. They don't look frozen. It must be cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. That top picture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those fabulous photos! I would never have thought about them being frozen. How amazing. I've been noticing a lot of leaf dances lately. When I am driving along a busy road the birch leaves are dancing a do-si-do up and down the road. It's very distracting because they are so beautiful. I've wanted to film it but alas I am always driving!

    ReplyDelete