Saturday, October 9, 2021

Red Butte Garden Walk

This is the first of several posts about places I went this past week. 

The other day, I posted some pictures on Instagram. I wanted to post more of Red Butte Garden's Halloween decorations, a couple of bonsai from this weekend's bonsai show, as well as some pictures from the Six Bridges Trail that they recently opened.

I'll start with the bonsai. The show was held in the Visitor Center this year. We were there a day early when they were setting up.
Then in garden planters, I really like the look of the cabbages and how they contrast with the flowers.


The praying mantis was cute.

I love how the jellyfish and seaweed they have hanging by the pond were blowing in the wind.

The tentacle is new for this year. There are many more Halloween decorations throughout the garden.

I was particularly happy they finally opened the Six Bridges Trail. I'm sad they destroyed our favorite secret picnic spot to build it, but glad this expands accessibility and trails in the garden. Here are some pictures:


If you walk all the way to the end of the trail and then climb the stairs, you can follow the more natural trail through the oaks back to the meadow.

We love Red Butte Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment