Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Evening Light at Wheeler Farm

My husband, daughter, and I went for a walk at Wheeler Farm last evening. Near the end of our time there, the setting sun lit up some grass fronds. I was magnetized.

As I took pictures from different angles, and got closer and closer, 


I was enchanted by an upside down grasshopper.

Today, I've been thinking about light. Why is it so appealing just before sunset and just after sunrise?

I did a quick search and learned that the color of light changes at different times of the day. The temperature of the light is lower (2800 to 3400 kelvin) at sunrise and sunset. Scientists call it "scattering." I like it.

Wheeler Farm is decorated for fall, including orange lights on one of the bridges and purple and green lights in part of the wild area. Light is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment