Friday, April 30, 2021

Explanation Plus

I'm going to revise the previous "Mixing Seasons" story. I'd forgotten the experience, but recorded most of the details in my journal. As far as storytelling goes, I can probably improve it. I won't have time to revise today. We will have the pleasure of babysitting our grandson all day. 

I did chop off the small-print explanation from the previous post and pasted it below with an update:

In the fall of 1986, instead of writing in a regular book-like journal, I wrote on loose papers that I'd shoved, out of order, into a binder. The binder itself had words on it that I painted over with the blue self-portrait. The papers barely survived a basement flood when we lived in New York. Yesterday, I was tempted to throw away the whole mess. I wasn't sure I wanted to remember anything from that era. Instead, I forced myself to type it all up. I'm glad I did. When I was done, I cut out the self-portrait and threw away the rest. The background in the photo, behind the self-portait, is part of a large frisbee.

No comments:

Post a Comment