Sunday, September 2, 2012

Watermelon Yum

I'm probably the only one in my immediate family that likes watermelon beyond just tolerating it. If I buy a regular big melon, I end up having to freeze most it. I just can't eat it fast enough while it's fresh. Did you know frozen watermelon cubes help make yummy smoothies? So to solve the quantity problem, I bought a mini-seedless watermelon. It was just the right size.
I stuck a knife in the middle, cut a zig-zag line through it, and pulled the thing apart. Then I used the melon-baller and scraped out the innards. They made two cute little melon bowls that added happy color to our dinner this evening. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so creative! I have never thought of freezing a watermelon as my family eats them about as fast as I cut them up. However I will have to keep this idea in mind for the future.

    ReplyDelete