Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Somebody Else

Some days, I get discouraged and depressed.  
The door to my secret garden is blocked by thorny vines and guarded by small biting creatures.
The road is too long, too hilly, and too cracked.
I wonder if it's too late-- like I've failed already-- so why try?
I feel so alone.
Some days, I wish I was somebody else.

I know those feelings are ungrateful.
I know my dreams don't have to die.
I know that not trying is the only failure.
I know I shouldn't give up.
I know I have it better than many.
I know I'm not alone.

But some days, I still wish I was somebody else.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully put in words and pictures. I think we all have moments when we feel this way and as you say it's important to have hope and do what we can to reach outside ourselves and find the roses in those thorny vines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to know that someone as amazing as you can feel this way too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Beautifully beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. And somedays I am just tired.

    ReplyDelete