Sunday, August 21, 2011

Old Rhod

We lived in Washington State for one year right on the western coast near the islands of the Puget Sound.  One of our favorite places to go visit was a rhododendron garden.  We enjoyed its hundreds of bushes with their bright happy blossoms

I'm pretty sure this bush-tree in our back yard is an old rhododendron.  I've posted pictures of it on this blog in the recent past.  Until it bloomed, I thought it was a tree because it's tall and its base is fat.

Finding beauty in nature: today my husband reminded me that it's one of my chosen talents.  So on this dark evening, I went out and picked some beauties, put them in a candy dish we received for our wedding, and went back inside to hunt for light bright enough that I wouldn't need a flash.  I found a lot of shadows.  Once again, I wished for steadier hands and a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment