Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not Dead Heads

I bought a bouquet on Monday morning.  When I arrived home, I noticed one of the little lavender-colored flowers was nearly beheaded-- just barely hanging on.  I remembered seeing some beautiful, yellow, stemless flowers arranged in a bowl.  So instead of snipping off the head and throwing it away, I plucked a few more.  The flower needed company.
 I like the disorganization of color and texture in the bouquet I bought.  I put the sticks of wild, growing curly willow from a previous arrangement in the vase.


I love the sunlit dimples of water between flower petals.  
Beauty often survives tragedy and sometimes thrives.  

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photographs of beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, this was especially poignant for me today. I need to keep that close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete