Monday, October 11, 2010

On the Island

Did you know that people used to live on islands in the middle of The Great Salt Lake?  We went to Antelope Island last Saturday.  I love that place.
My camera battery died right after I took this picture on the top of Buffalo Point.  The camera wouldn't even turn on so I couldn't see if it turned out until I got home.  After that shot, I saw so many awesome ones.  "You'll just have to remember this in your mind," said my husband.  And I do.  My favorite mental image of the day is of him and my daughter sitting on a rock.  He's wearing a black t-shirt.  She's wearing her hot-pink jacket.  The lake and mountains are in the distant background.  Large, colorful rocks, yellow-flowering tumbleweed, and a single small sunflower are in the foreground.  My husband is smiling.  My daughter is looking at him.  I stood there wishing I could preserve and share the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to write down good images like that that we want to remember.

    ReplyDelete