Thursday, February 16, 2023

Happy Love Week

Last year, I purchased heart-shaped snowball makers before I knew we wouldn't have any snow around Valentine's Day. This year, we had a little snow come down, but most of what's on the ground has been lingering from earlier storms. It's been really cold, but the sun has come out long enough to melt a lot of it.

Thankfully, these hearts my daughter and I put on the tree on Valentine's Day have stayed for a few days. They've made my heart happy.

I've been thinking a lot about love this week. I saw a few Instagram quotes that said something like, "Love is not a feeling. It's a choice. It's actions." I think it's the feeling we have as we choose love and choose to do loving actions. It's gratitude, kindness, service, responsibility, and trust. It's definitely more than a feeling. Keeping it around can take work.

There's been a lot said about "love languages," that indicate ways that people feel most loved. I love to be loved all the ways. I think most people probably do. I saw somewhere we should forget about love languages and just realize everybody wants to be accepted and loved for who they are, whatever that means.

Our anniversary is a few days before Valentine's Day, so we usually celebrate love all week. It's fun.

(I'll probably be adding to and editing this post. Time to make dinner for some loved ones!)


No comments:

Post a Comment