Saturday, February 26, 2011

Time or Flowers




I often choose flowers when I choose bananas. Most grocery stores sell flowers near their produce sections.  Since I pick out produce while I'm fresh in the store and don't want to carry my flowers throughout, I often wait until the end of my visit to pick up the flowers.  



But sometimes, like today, I forget.  It wasn't until I'd been waiting in a very long line for several minutes that I remembered.  For several seconds, I debated whether or not it was worth it to get out of line.

Some things matter more than time and soggy frozen food, so I left the line for flowers.

Unlike many grocery store flowers, these are actually fragrant. Between the scent and the sunshine they emit, waiting in line for an extra ten minutes was worth it.

2 comments: