Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spring? Flowers

The bees are awake in February.  Click on the picture and you can see one hovering between  flowers.  There were many bees swarming around the yard this afternoon.

Syracuse is covered in snow.  We wouldn't have dreamed of outside flowers until maybe April, more likely May. Sometimes I forget we now live in the land of the mountain desert.

Here, it's a beautiful 55 degrees and my Mr. took the kids to the park.Yeah, we still have some lingering snow on the north faces of things, but I'm not going to complain.

I bought these flowers today.  It was tough to find not-roses with Valentine's Day around the corner.  These tulips remind me of the time twenty-two years ago when I was offered proposals by three different guys all within one year.  This one strange older guy said, "I want to marry you or go pick tulips in Holland."  I suggested he go pick tulips. Funny thing is, that's exactly what he did.

2 comments: