Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Safety Flags

It has been a gorgeous, warm day here in SLC, UT.  I went on the first (definitely not last!) bike ride of 2011.  I'm still getting used to city biking.

These orange safety flags are a good idea.  They definitely help cars spot pedestrians as they walk cross those busy roads.  I guess they expect bikers to have their own safety equipment, because though I was on a bike route on 6th East, the flag receptacle is just across 6th, not across busy 17th South.  There is a school at this intersection on the north side of 17th. That's probably why. You can find these flags on busy streets all over SLC.

2 comments:

  1. Some people are embarrassed to carry a red flag across the street with them, but it really is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I appreciate it when pedestrians use the flags so I can see them. They are mostly downtown and at school crossings.

    ReplyDelete