Sunday, August 14, 2022

Red Butte Garden in August

It's rained some lately, but much of Utah still looks golden dry. I told my husband I was worried there wouldn't be anything beautiful up at Red Butte Garden. Ha. They water consistently up there, plus they have a lot of drought-resistant plants. 

I like all the succulents. Here are a few.

They also have blooming desert willows. Sadly, I did not get a good picture of them. Here are my blurry attempts.

The roses are back and blooming after a dry July. I particularly like their bright colors. The smell is also heavenly.

I need to remember, no matter the season, there's always something beautiful up there in the garden.


I also enjoyed looking at the artwork in the visitor center gallery by Chase McCleary. For some reason, the ravens in particular caught my eye. It was hard to avoid the reflections. 




No comments:

Post a Comment