Monday, May 3, 2021

Kaleidoscope

I have the potential to get bored easily, but I am rarely bored. I also believe in commitment.

How does a person who could get bored easily stay committed? Through intentionally changing strategy.
 

This morning, I realized I’m like a kaleidoscope. The commitment pieces remain the same, but I often alter the way I experience or accomplish them. I think approaching things differently is the secret to consistency for a committed person who prefers variety. Maybe it’s the same for everyone?

 

Even when we don’t seek out change, things don't stay the same. Circumstances change. Entropy happens. The world tends toward chaos. Things stop working. 

 

Commitments don’t need to go away, but the strategies that enable them to continue often benefit from change.

I was thinking about my recent writing on this blog. I’m tempted to feel bored already. Part of the problem is, I don't want to post the stories that are most interesting to me right now. They involve people whose privacy I respect. Or they’re too tender. Or too personal. I may need to wait twenty years, or more, before I make some stories public. There are some stories I’ll never tell.

 

I am committed to posting on this blog. The two-year break was too long. I'm committed to writing. I keep returning to it. I may take breaks. I’m just saying, it may look a little different here from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment