Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tetras and Life

Until tonight, my high score for Tetras was 89000 something. I'd never gotten above a level 16. I surprised myself this evening.
It's kind of funny when you play a game so much that you start thinking of analogies that it has to life. The other day I was doing very poorly on Tetras mostly because of the pieces I was given. 
Sometimes the things we're given in life make it difficult to do well. 
Sometimes I do really well on Tetras partly because of the pieces that I'm given.
Sometimes in life we're handed just the right pieces and everything falls right into place. Sometimes it feels almost effortless. 
Other times, we struggle just to keep it together. 
I know tonight there was some skill and experience involved. When you do something a lot (too much) you can get pretty good at it.
We gain experience and knowledge in life and because of that we sometimes do well no matter what we're given.
Playing a game like this feels almost pointless and a waste of time.
And yet, here I am so proud of myself. Silly.

1 comment:

  1. Nice score and thoughts! It is important to be silly sometimes.

    ReplyDelete