Monday, June 11, 2012

Wasp Nest Prayer


"Dad told me to move the bird feeder off the lawn, but I knew there was a wasp's nest inside. I was scared I might get stung. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help me. First I moved the bird feeder a few inches. Nothing happened. Then I moved it a few more inches. Nothing happened. So then I moved it all the way to the sidewalk. I didn't get stung." 

Our stake president asked us to share a time when our prayers were answered with our families. This was my nine-year-old son's response quoted as well as I can remember it. I'm thankful he knows he can pray and ask for help. I'm grateful Heavenly Father loves us and that He hears and answers even our simplest prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to share these moments with each other. I'm sure he will answer your big prayers too. Sometimes they just take a little longer. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete