Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bee Bread

I tried fresh bee pollen (otherwise known as bee bread) for the first time yesterday. My friend from Thailand believes it's very good for health. She and her husband buy it fresh from a local bee farmer. They eat a tablespoon of it every day. It has a very unique taste--sweet and weird. She took a picture of me right before I tried it while I was at her house. Then she gave me some I could take home to the family. Everybody only tried one tiny granule and made funny faces. I think you need at least a teaspoon to catch the full variety of its flavor. She also gave us yummy honey drops, rice crackers, and fabulous panang curry. She's a good and unique friend.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that local honey can help you develop a good immune system or treat allergies - can't recall which, maybe it's both. I wonder how they collect bee bread? Would you have to kill the bees?! That would be awful!!! Guess I need to research that. It is great to have friends that help you try out new things.

    ReplyDelete