Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Problem Solving


The old door knobs were falling off the front door.  The internal pieces were broken.  My landlord brother sent a "new" set in the mail. It works. Look, I installed it myself. :)

In late afternoon, the sun comes through this window at a very bright angle.  It is blinding and hot.  Problem solved with Artscape peel and stick vinyl window coverings found at a home improvement store.  I've used Artscape for about ten years.  It's a little pricey for what it is and if you need a lot of it, but it lasts a long time.  The same application was still going strong in our NY bathroom window and it had been there for five years.  From the outside, it really looks like stained glass.  There are different patterns available.  This one is called Magnolia.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'm so glad the door knob worked. Can you save the old one for me? You could put it in the broken white dresser in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice improvements! I love that my sisters are all handy--not afraid to fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo That Artscape stuff looks VERY nice! And the house looks darling! I hope you're getting nice & settled back there in Utah.

    ReplyDelete