Sunday, October 8, 2023

Cute, Not Cute

We went to Wheeler Farm this week to check on the removal of "120 trees," plus ALL the vegetation and smaller trees around them. It's awful. It was almost laughable when I heard the wagon-ride driver announce to the people he was driving around, "Back there is the wetland," as we watched him drive around a corner on a much smaller route than usual up through the trees away from said wetland. It does make me want to howl on behalf of the fox families whose livable land has been reduced.

But the howling skeletons are cute.

So are the goats, especially this one who decided it wanted the comfort of resting in its food bin.

It looks like it might have been sleeping there. So cute.

They've decorated the place for Halloween. Cute!

And who can resist a puddle with the sky reflected inside it? Maybe it's not "cute," but I like puddles that reflect the sky.

Seeing my favorite, tree-lined path with all its vegetation gone on one side is NOT CUTE. I hope they're not going to clear the other side, but I think it's in the plan.

More not cute pictures of treelessness:

I am grateful for the trees, bushes, and grasses they've left behind. 

I hope they will be sufficient for the wildlife there.

No comments:

Post a Comment