Saturday, July 24, 2021

Puzzle

Another one of the library challenges on the summer bingo board was to do a puzzle. I don't do puzzles very often; it can feel like a pointless activity, but I know they have some value. They help pass time. There is a sense of achievement once a picture is complete. If you work on one with someone else, it can be a bonding experience. I was glad for the challenge.

I thought about buying a new puzzle. I didn't want to do one I'd done before. I wanted to make sure we had all the pieces. Then, I found one in our home that appeared like it had never been done because it was the only one in its original, resealable bag. After I'd already started working on it, my youngest daughter informed me she probably did this one years ago. At least it was new to me.

I started working on it by myself. I completed the entire border and a lot of the inside pieces. Then, my daughter offered to help me finish. We happened to put the last two pieces in at the same time last night. We gave each other a high five.

What do you do with puzzles after you complete them? Normally, we display them on a table for a few days then deconstruct them. I've seen them glued and turned into a permanent picture. With all the hours invested in them, I see the appeal of keeping them together. I haven't wanted to redo puzzles, but as long as all the pieces are included, letting someone else have a go at it makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. "If you work on one with someone else, it can be a bonding experience."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've done that puzzle before too.

    ReplyDelete