Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Midway Ice Castles

My youngest daughter turned 18 yesterday. She was more interested in doing an activity than having a party. Going to the Midway Ice Castles was the perfect activity for her. She's been my child most excited about snow and winter in general. Having a January birthday might have something to do with that.

The little dots on the ice are actually coins. People would lick them and stick them to the ice.




I went down this fast slide. Ouchy, but pretty exciting.



These photos are in reverse order from when I took them.
Clearly, we began with more sunshine.
I like the ice castles best with sunlight.
The lights they put inside are neat, but not the same.
This was the second time I've been to the ice castles. I went about six years ago and blogged about it here. A lot has changed since my first visit. It's definitely more crowded and there is more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment