Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jog, Walk, Stand 1

I got the crazy idea that I'd try running today.  I like the idea of running.  The reality is more challenging, especially with all the extra pounds on my body.  I didn't run at all, but I did a bit of jogging, a lot of walking, and some standing still while I took pictures.  Biking would have been nice, but I didn't like the idea of wind rushing in my ears.  These days, sometimes it sounds like wind is rushing into my left ear even when I'm indoors. 
I also wanted to test the theory that the slower I go, the more I'd see. True.

A pretty patch of violets in someone's yard.

Gold sunshine on a serene green hill despite land mining just below it.

The first Rocky Mountain blue jay I've seen since moving back to Utah.  He's up high in the pine tree toward the left.  Can you see him?

Beauty trapped right in the middle of a dead bush.  

Colored glass bottles and vases in someone's yard, turned upside down on craft dowels and planted with the flowers. Don't ask me what's going on with the little tree/bush.  It's all black-strapped together.  I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish.

For some reason, everybody is calling our house "the white house" even though the Johnsons lived here for 40+ years, not the Whites.  Maybe it's the white siding and shutters?  Maybe it's this beautiful white-blossomed tree?  The blossoms really do look like popcorn popping.

1 comment:

  1. Bottles turned upside down on sticks or trees are a southern tradition of some kind. If I remember correctly after you have a bottle of whatever drink with company you put it on the tree outside. They look pretty.

    I love your white blossomed tree! It's fabulous! I wonder what kind it is and what kind of leaves it will have.

    ReplyDelete