Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Been in NM











We spent the weekend in New Mexico.  My sister lives there near a beautiful arroyo.  She timed our walk so that we descended the foothills right at sunset.  I love the rocks there. The picture on the right makes them look particularly affectionate-- kissing, hugging, hovering rocks.









My sister's husband gave her this beautiful flowering plant for Mother's Day.  It's called cyclamen and has leaves that look like geranium leaves.  At first, I didn't realize the plant was real.  In the late afternoon, the way the sunlight came into their dining room window made the flowers look even more incredible and caught my attention.  They look mystical, edible, and for some reason remind me a little of flying nun hats.  I couldn't limit myself to posting one or two pictures of them, so HERE is a link to the album. The album includes a few other photos from our trip.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures make it look like we live in the middle of the countryside. I love it! That's what I pretend when I walk with Zoey. She says hola.

    ReplyDelete