Saturday, January 8, 2011

Me Encanta Limas

I've been loving limes for the past week or two.  I watched some Hispanic-looking women fill produce bags full of them at the grocery store and decided to follow their example.  Since then, I've been squeezing lime juice on just about everything.  Yum!

There are a lot of Latinos where we live.  Some stores have signs in both Spanish and English.  I only know enough Spanish to get myself in trouble, but I had the opportunity to give directions to a Spanish-speaking woman the other day and it felt great.

4 comments:

  1. I love limes too, but I need to figure out how to use them more. I have a few recipes that call for the juice. Do you have any good ones you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think recipes are a good idea. I use them occasionally. I'm curious how a recipe would use lime juice. If I find a good one I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use lime in my taco soup, in my coconut curry, in drinks, in place of lemon juice or vinegar to sour milk for recipes that need butter milk, like for pancakes. I put lime in thai dishes and mexican dishes and just about anywhere I would use lemon or vinegar or orange. I have limes all the time. Or you can sprinkle splenda on them and eat them plain.

    ReplyDelete