Wednesday, February 21, 2018

From Last Week: Zoo and Aquarium

It wasn't until our time at the zoo last week was nearly over that I realized there were tiny snowballs on the tops of all the fence posts. It's just the way the snow fell and the way it was beginning to melt. I loved their cuteness and their undisturbed natural perfection.

Typically, when I return from a vacation, I feel a little understandably low. The experience of being away from regular routines was so wonderful, that I wish it didn't have to end. So last week, to help keep those feelings away, I tried to get out a little more.

We went to the aquarium on Tuesday (which I posted about last week) and then to the zoo on Thursday.

And yesterday when I was deleting pictures from my phone, this creature caught my attention. I don't know if you can see it, but it's some kind of crab. It was in a dark room at the aquarium where you couldn't use flash photography.

This week, we've mostly been indoors and at home because of snow. I've related to the crab. I'm thankful for good books to get through the cave times and for coming warmer weather and sunshine.

1 comment: