Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sufficient


"Sufficient" is the word I chose for this year. 
I meant to use it to help my self-control -- 
to stop when I've eaten enough, 
read enough, been on the internet enough. 
It represents not trying to do too much or too little-- 
Have I had sufficient exercise? Have I done my part? 
It's a word of self acceptance, of not being too hard on myself. 
It's a word of gratitude. I have enough. I am enough.

This week, I watched this life-changing talk on grace,
starting with this easier-to-watch shorter version
As a perfectionist who felt like a frequent failure, 
who might as well not even try or even begin, 
I didn't understand the principle. 
Now I do. I am looking at myself differently.
I have found new hope.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this. I like it that you have a one word goal. One word is sufficient:)

    ReplyDelete