Thursday, March 30, 2017

Red Butte on a Rainy Spring Day

It rained at the garden before we arrived and right after we left, but there was at least an hour of blue sky and sunshine while we were there.
It was my first time taking Alena to Red Butte Garden without Roger; 
I never wanted to go without him.
I know we will be busy this weekend and really wanted to see how the garden is growing.
It changes so quickly and I didn't want to miss anything.
I enjoyed the adventure immensely. 
I think Alena's favorite part was when we hung out on the swing. 
I read. She swung. We were both very happy and will definitely return.
The sun was shining through these gorgeous flowers in large pots.
They caught my eye even before we left the visitor center.

The long grasses were blowing in the cool breeze.
This should be a video.


Loved these climbing roses and the color combination against the arch wall.

I took this while sitting on a bench that overlooks this view.
A great place to sit and read. Alena was very patient today.

This arbor tunnel has fruit trees climbing up the sides.
The daffodils everywhere are gorgeous.

This little house and its scenery are in a big pot in the children's garden.
You can't see from this angle, but there are tiny plastic koi fish in the pond.

2 comments: