Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quail Babies

I should always carry a camera. After a walk, I approached our home and saw ten baby quail with their mom and dad on our sidewalk.

I was at the end of the driveway. They were not frightened. As I slowly approached, the mom and dad moved to our grass and became alarmed. The babies ran into the bushes. I went inside and grabbed the camera.

The mom was further from our front door, but she stayed relatively close. She chirped at me and for her babies to follow. It was fun to watch them dart away. They stayed in the bushes when they could. If they couldn't, they ran right next to walls, window wells, and fences to safety like tiny ninjas. I managed a blurry picture of the mom and the last three babies just before they all ran under my neighbor's bush and into her backyard.

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this time of year! We always get families of quail going through the back yard and they are just so adorable. I just want to hold them and squish them. I would probably hurt them because they are so cute, so it is good I can't catch them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quail babies are so much fun to watch! They are so cute to watch run around.

    ReplyDelete