Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Sights

Did you know it's possible to parachute from the ground up? 
I was on a bike ride through Butler Park
and saw this guy flying his parachute like a kite.
He was harnessed to it. 
Every once in a while, the wind was strong enough
he lifted a foot or two off the ground.

On my way home, I stopped to talk to the little girl who lives across the street.
She was holding a tiny bouquet of white flowers.
"Did you get those off a tree?" I asked.
"No, they're violets," she said.
I didn't know there is such a thing as white violets.
There are light purple ones too. 
Then she showed me where they are growing.
"Did you know you can eat violets?" I asked her.
She didn't know.
I made sure to tell her to ask her mom first
and wash them before she eats them.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very pretty white violet. I didn't know that either! I wonder if they taste the same as violet violets?

    ReplyDelete