Monday, May 14, 2012

Worth It


(Photo taken by my daughter on 5-11-12)

When I was twenty, I had a dream that I was holding onto the outside of this iron fence, looking in. Happy brides and grooms were getting their pictures taken on the temple grounds. I wanted to be like them, but I knew I couldn't because I wasn't worthy. I woke up feeling heartbroken, but grateful that I knew I could still change my life. I could take a different path where I could receive the blessings I wanted. I'm thankful to my parents for exemplifying those blessings. I will be forever grateful for the knowledge I have that with Heavenly Father's help and through Jesus Christ, change is possible. I also know that it is through the grace of God that I am continually supported and comforted during the process of life-long, ongoing change.

2 comments:

  1. Taught Nahum this morning. Warnings, beautiful feet, applause for downfall of wicked, comfort in the 2nd Coming and redemptionm Overall message that God is powerful, and just yet merciful.

    ReplyDelete